||AVI50119 Diploma of Aviation (Aviation Management)
||Flight One Academy (RTO 45165)
||Archerfield Airport, Brisbane
Flight One Academy, as part of the Tisdall Aviation Group, provides a uniquely industry-focused Diploma of Aviation Management. The course is designed to cater to beginners with no aviation experience but has the flexibility to offer a more informative, contextualised training experience for existing aviation personnel.
This qualification reflects the roles of aviation management personnel performing ground operations duties in support of commercial or Defence aviation flight operations.
Aviation management duties include applying technical and non-technical aviation skills and knowledge in support of a wide range of aerodrome and air transport operations, including passenger, charter, cargo, emergency service and government operations.
Individuals working at this level will apply knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, judgement and defined responsibility in known or changing contexts within broad but established parameters.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this qualification can vary between states and territories. Compliance with these requirements may be required nationally and/or in various jurisdictions.
Use for Defence Aviation is to be in accordance with relevant Defence Orders, instructions, publications and regulations.
Aviation Management Roles
Aviation Management roles generally include:
- Aerodrome Manager
- Aviation Manager
- Business Manager
- Operations Manager
- Safety Manager
Typical Job Duties
An aviation manager can expect to undertake a wide range of tasks. These may include:
- the selection and assignment of staff
- ensuring equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotions
- coordination of all activities of the aviation department such as work assignments
- directing of aviation staff subordinates
- evaluation and verification of employee performance through reviews of work assignments and other techniques
- identification of staff development and training needs of aviation personnel
- assurance that proper labor relations and conditions are followed
- maintenance of records and reports relative to the aviation department
- assurance that aviation departments comply with Commonwealth, state and local government laws
- provides advisory service to governing bodies if necessary
- direction and participation of public information programs concerning aviation programs
- reviewing of aircraft accident reports and addressing the problems related to them
- determination of aviation safety and enforcement needs.
Domestic Student Tuition Fees
Diploma of Aviation (Aviation Management) Tuition Fee Information:
- Full Tuition Fee for this qualification: $10,000
- VET Student Loans is not currently available for this programme
There are no other costs associated with this diploma.
The payable amount for this course will be scheduled into small regular instalments through a payment plan that will be detailed on your Letter of Offer. The default instalment schedule is as follows: